Friday, May 21, 2010

Another lovely Friday morning

I am not a bird watcher. After trying to figure out what this pretty little bird was called for 20 minutes, and only matching my picture to a bird indigenous to Brazil, I remember why I am not a bird watcher. I think I'll stick to being a bird looker. And this one was a looker. She sat and stared back at me for the longest time. This is a refreshing change from all the robins who toy with me and flit around maddeningly. I see dozens of robins each morning and I've managed to get a picture of exactly one. Stinkers.


I got a wild hair when we were getting ready to leave to take Sammi to school (two more mornings and we're done!) and leashed up the pups to put them in the car with us. They were terribly confused. The leash means we go out the front door and walk, not through the garage and into the car! We drove over to Redstone park near Shea Stadium where Nick plays his games. This morning they were gearing up for another graduation ceremony there. It's actually not too far to walk from the house, but it would have added enough time that I'd have to forego my lingering over coffee in the backyard, which I wasn't willing to do.

As you see above, the park stands out from its surroundings quite starkly. This is the difference between watering and not watering. And up here, water is as precious as gold.


Nearing the cutoff to the gravel walking trail the wild and the manicured butt up against one another.



Standing in one spot, above is the view to the left, typical of foothills country.


And to the right, which reminds me of Texas. Except for the mountains in the distance, of course.


You don't get a lot of these signs around the soccer fields in Texas either...



Farther down the gravel trail we got a good view of the foothills. This was our turnaround point this morning. Then it was back to the house for that lingering I mentioned. Nick just has one final this morning so he got to sleep in and let me make him breakfast. He's done zero hour Trigonometry this semester and has been out of the house and in class by 6:30 these past months. We're all very glad that's over! He decided to pose with his breakfast and my coffee and paper. Little does he know he's going to be asked to mow the yard later ;)


Breakfast is English muffins with a thick layer of peanut butter on each side, banana, and honey. I'll spare you the picture of my sad little bowl of cheerios.


And last but not least this morning, Nick snapped this picture and captured Evan in the middle of his belly rub plea. We're all having a very pleasant Friday morning. Hope you are too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment