Saturday, May 8, 2010

Paint Day

In January we received a letter from the Highlands Ranch Homeowners Association telling us we had until June 1 to paint our garage, as it did not meet the standards of the HOA. I'm pretty sure they were looking at the trim more than the door itself, but it was all in need of a sprucing.

The annoying thing was we had to send in paint samples to the HOA for approval, even though it was the SAME COLOR. Whatever. But we did it and got our approval letter back and then waited for a sunny Saturday. And today was the day.


The crew made it quick and painless. Today was the door. Tomorrow is the trim.




Bob used to be under strict orders when taking pictures to never, ever get me in them at these kind of angles. When I uploaded this one, I wasn't pleased exactly, but it's a good test of the progress I'm making. That booty isn't nearly so bad these days. ;)


Of course, after we were almost done, the paint wars got started in earnest...

I think Jessie won ...

There's still a long list of spring cleaning chores to complete, but this was a fun one in the bright cool sunshine. If they can all be days like these, I might get the whole house in order by summer.












0 comments:

Post a Comment