Saturday, May 29, 2010

Office Visit

This makes two Saturdays in a row Krispy Kremes have shown up on the menu. This time though it was my turn to play delivery girl to Vicki at the office. In order to have everything off the books for the month of May we either worked today or Monday. I could have worked from home, but going in would help us get things done faster, plus it's a little more fun with company.

Since I moved home in Feb. our occasional Krispy Kreme surprises (one would bring them in unannounced) have disappeared, so it seemed fitting to reawaken the tradition. Instead of straight cinnabuns, though, we tried the limited-time Campfire chocolate fudge cake donut too. As of tomorrow, it's off the menu. That's probably best, since these little babies pack about 400 calories apiece compared to the 220 for the cinnamon bun donut. But mmmmmm, what a treat with coffee.


The office laid in a supply of exercise balls around the same time I started working from home and while they are good work on your core, people don't want to sit on them 8 hours a day. And, it turns out, they aren't the easiest things to store. So the empty corner cubicle where I set up shop is what I call the house of big balls. (This makes Vicki giggle.)

Yes, we actually did get some work done today. But we also got out at lunch and struck out again at garage sales, just like yesterday. My theory is, people who are good at garage sales don't do them on holiday weekends because too many people are traveling. So after Friday and today, I think we tried more than a dozen sales, all of which broke most of my ten garage sale commandments. Better luck next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment