Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday morning

I remember reading somewhere that to make something habitual, you only need perform the ritual 21 days in a row without break to create the pathway in the brain that forms it as a habit.

It occurred to me this morning I was no longer asking myself, "will I go for a walk this morning?" but "where will we walk this morning?" Now I haven't gone 21 days without interruption, but I did realize yesterday when I got everyone on the walk with me that it was because of this impulse that was now insisting on being indulged, weekend or not.

So while it is still my Monday morning, for just a little while longer, before the workday of the week at the end of the month gets going in all its insanity, here are a few quieter moments.

Ha! This robin didn't move quick enough today, although he took flight the second I shot the picture.



We found a real stash of snorting bushes on a new detour this morning.


And passed behind another cluster of Oakwood homes (distinguished by the red tilel roofs) that are the same model as mine, but with a walkout basement against the open space. This is what the back of our house could have looked like...


One of our taller spruce along the street back to our house. I try to imagine my little baby spruce ever being this tall. Perhaps in my grandchildren's lifetime.

The yellow bush is in its prime now. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have him before he goes green for the rest of the summer.

And some of the tulips are stubbornly hanging on, although most are beginning to show signs of fatigue.


So there's our color for the morning. May the quiet moments come back to us in the rush of the day and provide some peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment