Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4-13-11 Wednesday the 13th

Slept the whole night, waking on for a few minutes to take a pain pill in the night.

Morning hurdle, managed to shower on my own and walked about 30 minutes, which was 3x longer than any other single time and man did I feel it later. Up for very long and the belly starts to swell up like crazy. I now feel like an even BIGGER beached whale. I'm pretty much stuck in terms of leaving the house, since I can't do anything with a waist, can't do pants because of the cath, still haven't pulled out much in the way of summer clothes, and have almost nothing in the way of casual dresses to pull over. It's always something.

I slept a good part of the day. Mom and Dad were wonderful, cleaning up the house, spoiling me, and helping me surprise Bob with a little party this evening for his birthday. I am going to miss them now that they've headed home.

Bob Sr. and Nell arrived during my afternoon nap and when Sammi got home she got to work on the gift bag for Bob's present. It was about this time that my phone rang and it was Bob, telling me the showing service had called and someone wanted to see the house between 5 -7. TONIGHT? 

All week long, once again, nothing, and then the one night I've got 8 people for a birthday dinner, a husband that has to pack for a week, and two hours notice that would require stopping everything and cleaning . . . . sorry. I can only take so much. Why this keeps happening, the one moment in a day inside of a week of a million more convenient times, makes me just throw my hands up.

No. Not tonight.

So Nick and Bob Sr. brought pizza and the feast continued.

Bob was impressed with Sammi's work, especially when she created his own superhero logo for him.




And now Bob has a new addition for his batshelf at work.


I was stuck upstairs, so Sammi was in charge of taking pictures. Look! Parmesan cheese!




Chocolate cake. . .


candles . . .

And chocolate ice cream (see the Dutch chocolate Blue Bell somewhere back there?)


 Evan waits for someone to drop something. . .


And Sam blindsides Dad coming down the stairs. . .


Mom and Dad head for home


Bob's birthday is not until tomorrow, but lucky him, he gets to leave for Baltimore in the morning for a conference that will last until next Thursday.

I think I may sleep in the fetal position. . . 

0 comments:

Post a Comment