Thursday, April 28, 2011

4-28-11





In time and space, if you just look for what's right - in others, in relationships, in yourself and your journey - you'll always find it. 

Same when looking for what's wrong.

Tallyho,
The Universe



In that vein, I shall not regale you with the wrong, but focus on a dozen "right" things off the top of my head. . .


1. I am healthy and recovering.
2. I drove for the first time today.
3. I got the dogs into the car for a showing without having to figure out how to lift Katy in.
4. If I park across the street with my laptop, I can still work with my home WiFi signal if I have to for future showings.
5. I had my mom and dad with me through all of this testing phase, which made it a lot less stressful.
6. The house is still getting a lot of interest and we're making people's "top 3 lists" often. 
7. My job is doing well and I haven't fallen behind AND my job can be done from my bed. (This one could be #1 right now!)
8. Even though I am hurting now, I've been going most days with only a little ibuprofen in the evenings.
9. I have fantastic friends. Just fan-freakin-tastic. 
10. I have even better family. My parents just headed home and tomorrow will be my first day "on my own". That's THREE weeks of constant care from them, Bob's parents, Bob, Nick, and Sammi, who have all tirelessly helped with anything and everything cheerfully. The constant cleaning of house showings is exhausting and they've done it non-stop for three weeks. The house has never looked better.
11. My son is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks, with honors, going to my alma mater to walk on and stun the football world, and be the first student athlete in the Eliot T. Bowers Honors College. 
12. My daughter is finishing up her first year of high school with excellent grades, but it's her creativity in the arts that has floored me. She's teaching herself River Flows in by You, which sounds tricky as all get out as she works her way through it this evening, waiting on the dinner she's cooking for all of us. She's entirely self-taught. She writes, she draws, she's just a-MAZ-ing all around.


I am blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment