Monday, April 4, 2011

4-4-11 64 hours

Tomorrow brings the pre-op appointments, another ultrasound, blood work, pre-admission paperwork, the meeting with the doc to go over everything . . .  and I think Squishy knows his hours are numbered. He has been giving me fits most of the night and all day. It doesn't help that I've been hunched over the computer all day working like crazy to try and keep up before I'm out for the surgery. Two new accounts coming on board have made it pretty interesting, since I'm going to just be getting them whirring along and then drop out of sight. But it's such a relief to have the work -- keeps me busy and not thinking/worrying about Thursday. I had about 10 minutes away from the computer in the past 12 hours.

I think I'm most anxious to wake up and discover its bad news and this was just the beginning. I keep having nightmares where parts of me keep spontaneously splitting open, weird stuff like each fingernail popping open vertically down to the nail bed. I wake up most night in a cold sweat with my joints aching and I can't get back to sleep for a couple of hours. I toss and turn and try to find a comfortable angle to not lay on Squishy, but there isn't one, except on my back, which I can't seem to stay on for very long.

Honestly, the idea of being out like a light for the surgery is quite comforting in some ways after this.



 


0 comments:

Post a Comment