Sunday, April 3, 2011

4-3-11 ready, set, snow


Sweating in the flip-flops yesterday, watching the snow come down this afternoon. Gotta love it. Since I shot the above video it hasn't stopped and everything is turning white.

Here's the change less than an hour later:



So much for grilling hamburgers on the deck tonight. Rats.


I'm working on packing the hospital bag while the white stuff falls, which is getting close to completion. Now, while the cookie monster hat was not recommended by anyone previously, it's one of my comfort items. There's the newly patched 27 year old robe that's seen me through everything. There's the nightgown, which I never wear but will have to put up with since I can't have anything across the incision at first. The cookie monster hat is leaning up against the package of new granny panties, three sizes too large for the swelling and to get up over the incision. Sexy! Also pictured, my comfy fleece lady and the tramp blanket with my name embroidered, Sammi's pillow pet ladybug that is supposed to be perfect size and thickness for an abdominal pillow, and the small black ipod pillow (the ipod hooks up in side and plays through the pillow) that is the right size for the IV hand. There's the ipod and charger and earphone, the pink sleep mask with earplugs, and a couple of different bandanas to keep the hair out of the way, Dad's Ringling Brothers clown back scratcher for the morphine itching, lemon drops for the sore throat after the breathing tube is removed, along with peppermint tea that can help with the post surgery nausea and stress. Still need to gather up the toiletries and clothes, heating pad and extension cord, a sport water bottle (easy to drink lying down) plus a notebook, but the real missing link is the slippers. Not going to get up and walk the halls every hour in my bare feet, but I've worn out mine to the point that there were holes in the bottom, and they were new at Christmas. So sometime between now and Thursday I've got to find super comfy, total slide-on (no bending remember?), slippers than won't fall apart on me. Think they make these in my size? ;)






0 comments:

Post a Comment