Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4-6-11

Yesterday as we were getting close to the hospital, my cell rang. It was the showing service.

Now, I haven't had a call since last Monday. Nothing. Nada. Been home all week hoping for one.

So the ONE day I can't do it, they call. She said she would see if she could reschedule for Wednesday and call me back.

No call back.

About 2:45 this afternoon in the middle of all the wrap up of accounts I'm doing, I see a minivan pull up and park outside my house. A few minutes later a Cadillac arrives and parks on the street. I'm thinking, um, is there a showing and I don't know about it?

I madly start racing around the house doing the last minute little things (get the towels out of the bathroom, turn on lamps, sweep up the bathroom floors, etc in case there's been some miscommunication and I need to get out with the dogs.

Then I see another car arrive, a lady get out and shake the hand of the minivan driver, and walk up to the house next door, which is about to come available to rent. Oh..... gotcha. Bob has called during this time and we're joking around saying I should walk outside and make a pitch for our house. After we get off the phone, I see the young woman, who has a baby and toddler in tow, and the Cadillac driver who appears to be grandmom, walk over and take a flyer and get back in her van. She keeps looking at the flyer.

They seem to be waiting to go in, so I'm assuming Shannon, my next door neighbor, has to vacate the place first. And the woman keeps looking at the flyer.

So I get back to work after they all head into the house next door. It isn't until about 3:30 that I notice my phone has missed alerts. Two calls from the showing service, within minutes of each other right around 2:50 when I was madly straightening up the house with an agent "in the area", wanting to show the house in 20 minutes. I never heard it ring. It's now 3:30 and they are still inside the house next door.

I called back and waiting on hold while the service tried to reach the agent's cell. But the call went in to her office, so they couldn't get a hold of her to confirm.

I decided to keep an eye out and when they come back outside, I'll just double check that the agent with them isn't the same name as the person who placed the call.

So I see them start to walk out and. . . . my home phone rings.

It's the anesthesiologist wanting to go over the details of my surgery tomorrow.

And the lookers drive away.

This is maddening.

They'll call again tomorrow when we're all at the hospital and, surprise, I won't be answering my cell phone then either . . .

What was I supposed to do today? Oh, right, relax and not stress. Yeah. Like that's going to happen.

Update: 5 minutes after publishing this, my cell rings again. it's the showing service. Again.

And. . .

a showing is requested at 10:30-12:30 tomorrow.

Let's see . . . I'm sure I don't have anything scheduled already during that time. . . .


AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

The good news is my neighbor Shannon is happy to come over and take the dogs into her backyard while they are here. And it turns out the realtor who was calling on the house was NOT the people next door. Do they just get together and decide after a week of nothing to all show homes in the same neighborhood in the same hour? Anyway, turns out I didn't just miss the people wanting to see the place by answering the anesthesiologist's call. And, you know, that was kind of an important call to take.

Shannon and I had struck up a conversation on Friday when I was outside getting the garage sale stuff ready and she said then, you are welcome to come over and bring the dogs if you need to. Wow. A real neighbor. There's my silver lining. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment