Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4-19-11


This is the midmorning ritual now, drinking to excess. Coffee, constant sport bottle filled with ice water, apple juice, and nastiest most gag inducing drink in the world to me right now: 100% unsweetened cranberry juice. I would rather drink lemon juice. Or paint thinner. Just looking at this picture makes my mouth feel all dry and nasty. This morning it took me half an hour to finally screw up my courage and down the thing. And down it you must. There is no sipping, unless you have a thing for torture. Absolutely nasty medicine.

In other news I sneezed twice today. I am still trying to locate the guts that I am quite sure sprayed on the wall when it happened. I was talking to Bob tonight who was raving about how proud he was that I was only taking ibuprofen now. I almost didn't have the heart to tell my by sneeze #2 I was reaching for that bottle of vicodin. The pain literally takes my breath away and I have trouble doing anything but sitting still holding my abdomen and feeling around for the bits that broke free.

Bad sleep last night, so I've given in and gone back to the Benadryl this evening. Apparently insomnia and sleeping in two hour spurts is a common side effect after surgery, but it sure doesn't do much for the mood or the brain power during the day.

I wish I had something exciting to share, but this is just it right now. I am trapped on the second floor of my house, mainly my bedroom, with a few hours of parole on Thursday for the doctor's appointment, which will inevitably be followed by two days of exhaustion. I am still shaking my head at the description of this recovery as similar to a C-section.

Kids are off of school tomorrow here, in memory of the Columbine shootings. Today was the observance of the 16th anniversary of the OKC bombing. I will now stop complaining.

2 comments:

  1. The combination of the generic drug Hydrocodone and acetaminophen or APAP as abbreviated is available under different brand names of varying strength. Vicodin is one such brand name available in different strength of this generic drug combo. Vicodin HP, strongest of all the available strength of Vicodin contains 10 mg of Hydrocodone and 660 mg of APAP. It is used for treating moderate to severe chronic pain. Vicodin 10/660 dosage should be administered according to the doctor’s prescription only. Since these are opioid drugs and are narcotic in nature, they may cause physical or psychological dependence if used regularly.

    Lilly Abbott
    Findrxonline blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Studying Macbeth in senior class - just went over that line yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete