Sunday, December 2, 2012

12-2-12 AMOOXP Day 8 (1976)

It's 1976 and in June we had moved into our new house on Sageville. 


In the first grade you don't have a whole lot to work with, so it was the year of notes and art as Christmas presents.


There's Me-Maw, and mom behind the plate (which I still have), and another Madame Alexander doll


I'm not sure why pants has elicited this much excitement. Apparently Granddaddy isn't too certain either.

Dusty, and Nugget, Dusty's horse (I liked her better than Barbie) and a Holly Hobby Gazebo. 
Granddaddy got . .  a vise. 

Like my pants, Dad shows his enthusiasm for his white undershirts.

And Mom for her furry slippers.

Then there's a wardbrobe change, which threw me off. Mom is still in her black, plus she's wearing the furry slippers and there's that Madame Alexander doll and Holly Hobby Gazebo, so this has to be the same year. Which means I have no pictures from 1977, either. This has been a pretty good exercise in discovering the whole in the family photo history.







0 comments:

Post a Comment