Sunday, December 9, 2012

12-9-12 AMOOXP Day 15

AMOOXP Day 15: 1988 and 1989

This is going to be an incomplete one for the time being. I seem to have only a couple of shots from '88 and  '89 in the files.  Part of me tried to skip over these years and then come back and I just couldn't. It would be out of order. 

We obviously had presents at our house...

The only others photos I can find are a few of mom and I at Aunt Dot's house, where Me-Maw was staying after spending much of the year and all of the previous summer at M.D. Anderson.


Christy's dog, Jenny, checks things out.

The bible from Me-Maw that year.

1989
The Home-from-UT Christmas
I brought Calvin and Hobbes, the kittens Marci and I had adopted, home over the break.





Earlier that year Dad had given me a Christmas memories book he'd come across and I started keeping notes in it, from 1989 until 2000, so I can tell you what the weather was like, how we spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and what we ate.  This year the week of Christmas Houston had hit 5° degrees. It was the year I'd had the Super8 movies converted to VHS for Mom and Dad, and the year Mom and Dad had bought me a new car at Thankgiving, which, I noted, carried over as the Christmas present that year.


More photos to come when I can get back to Mom and Dad's.







0 comments:

Post a Comment