Monday, November 12, 2012

11-12-12 The Obscure Richard Marx Song of the Day #7

Obscure Song #7: "Over My Head"


Off of Emotional Remains, which is one of my favorite albums, "Over My Head" is one of those songs I can't get out of my head. It's just a really fun song to sing. Some of the lyrical phrases are very "junior high" and others are deceptively simple:

Baby, I'm trying to make some sense
Of all we should've learned from experience
We win, we lose, we conquer, and we fail.
One part serious, do-or-die
The other part, crush in junior high,
I'm chasing my emotions like a tail.
I can still move my fingers,
But I can't seem to let go...



This is another song that was remade for the acoustical performances off of A Night Out with Friends. (Concert Sunday!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment