Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11-14-12 The Pendleton Magic Blanket


This blanket is magical. I can't explain it, but every winter when it gets brought out and put on the bed I amazed. I sleep like the dead. And my parents have an identical Chief Joesph (okay, it's dark green, but same size and weight) and that one doesn't work the way this one does. 

Example, Bob's snoring has picked back up, thanks to the weather, and for the past couple of weeks, I was up half the night before giving up and crawling into Nick's room for the rest of the night. I"m a light sleeper, he's not. The snoring never wakes him up. He tells me to wake him and make him move instead, but what's the point? I'm already awake enough without having to do more than plod into a different bedroom without having to have a conversation.

So we put the blanket on the bed Sunday and, just like that, I slept entirely through the night. Not only did I not hear any snoring, I didn't even wake up to use the bathroom. (That's pretty miraculous.)

Now, it's really heavy wool, so this magic is only available, comfortably, until March or April. But for now, it's special properties are deeply loved. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment